Thank you for your interest in joining the Junior League of Seattle!
Since our founding in 1923, the Junior League of Seattle has been on the forefront of social reform, identifying problems, and finding solutions. We are an army of women empowered as agents of positive change tackling childhood literacy within our community. Whether in the public eye or behind the scenes, Junior League women are committed to moving society forward – challenging the status quo, disrupting convention to ensure a better future for all – because tomorrow there will be new, unforeseen challenges. The women of the Junior League will be there, unrelenting voices for action, justice, and lasting, meaningful change.
You will have the ability to:
- Be a Catalyst for Change. Our members form strategic partnerships, create innovative programs, and raise funds for exciting community initiatives to help improve the lives of women and children in the greater Seattle area.
- Learn to be a Change Agent. Our members develop a variety of skills and competencies to support their civic leadership in the community through leadership opportunities, committee work, and development opportunities help throughout the year.
- Build lasting relationships. Our members work together closely, develop new skills, and attend engaging social events with women of diverse backgrounds, interests, and professions, who are like-minded in their commitment to promoting voluntarism and improving our community.
Join us in fulfilling our mission of promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and creating community impact through the effective leadership and action of trained volunteers.
The Junior League of Seattle uses the following criteria for consideration of prospective members:
- Must be at least 21 years old as of June 1 of the year in which membership would begin (there is no maximum age to join!)
- Attend a Meet & Greet Orientation session to learn about JLS and the recruitment process
- Demonstrate an interest in voluntarism, a commitment to community service, and a desire to develop her potential
Women interested in becoming members are invited to attend a Meet & Greet session where you will be able to learn about Junior League of Seattle, get an overview on the application process, and ask questions.
Meet & Greets for the 2021-2022 Provisional class will be held virtually. Below are the dates and times:
- Sunday, March 28, 2021 from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 30, 2021 from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 7, 2021 from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Sunday, April 11, 2021 from 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 27, 2021 from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Monday, May 3, 2021 from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Click here to register for the date that works best for you.
If you have any questions about joining JLS, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If invited to join the 2021-2022 Provisional class, Provisional Members will be required to complete the following over the year:
- Attend the Provisional Retreat held over the summer
- Meet monthly to learn how JLS operates from a Provisional Leader and get to know a small group of other Provisionals in your neighborhood
- Participate in a variety of training and general membership meetings
- Support our mission through participation in service shifts
- Work with the entire Provisional class to complete a specific Provisional Project
- Pay dues ($210) and Provisional course fee ($100) by May 31, 2021 (if you need financial assistance, please reach out during the application process)