Hien DeYoung, CHIC, ACC, SHRM-SCP
My clients are executive leaders who are leaning into endeavors that requires more from their leadership capabilities than what was needed previously. They want a thought partner and catalyst that will co-create with them the compass to their endeavors, as well as a coach that will be a guide for their transformative journey. Ultimately, they are embracing the impact they want to achieve, and recognize they need different mindsets and tools in order to be effective and create leaders around them.
I am a certified executive coach from the Hudson Institute of Coaching, and former HR VP and Corporate Officer in biotechnology. My background has given me unique experiences and tools for coaching. The Enneagram is the main tool I use to decipher my client’s core driving motivator, and their dominant autopilot behaviors that no longer serve them. We then uncover latent capabilities they can shift to and flex. I have had the privilege of coaching executive leaders from a variety of companies like Astellas, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Leavelogic, and Microsoft.
In addition to being an executive coach, I am a wife, mother, grandmother (my favorite), sister, foodie, explorer, reader, gardener, walker, and consumer of British murder mysteries. I am active in coaching communities, HBA Seattle, and wine making communities. Favorite inspirational quote – If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. John Quincy Adams
· Leadership Coach, Expedia Group (April, 2019 – Present)
· Principal, DeYoung Executive Coaching & Consultancy, LLC (October, 2015 – Present)
· Vice President HR & Corporate Officer, Acucela Inc. (June, 2007 – May, 2015)
· Human Resources Manager Pro Tem, Calibra Medical, Inc. (August, 2006 – December, 2008)
· Director HR & Corporate Administration, CEPTYR, Inc. (Nov, 1998 – April, 2006)
· Certified Hudson Institute Coach, 2013
· Certified Integrative Enneagram IEQ9 Practitioner, 2015
· Certified Practitioner MBTI Step I and Step II Instruments, 2015
· Leadership Circle Profile 360, 2015
· Predictive Index Analyst, 2010
· SHRM-SCP, 2004
Return to Northwest Exchange Speakers.