Jacquelyne “Jacque” Doane was the recipient Dorothy Stimson Bullitt Community Service Award for the 2016-2017 league year.
Jacque has devoted more than three decades to the non-profit sector and is acknowledged by many as an inspirational, effective leader, and mentor. She is known for her infectious smile, integrity, thoughtful planning, dedication, and energy.
A member of the JLS since 1985, Jacque has served as Parenting Task Force Chair, Project Development Chair, Community Research & Development Director, Long Range Planning VP, and Community VP. She credits the broad-based community experience and volunteer training of the JLS for developing a solid foundation in effective non-profit management.
Highlights of Jacque’s volunteer career include:
- Achievement Rewards for College Scientists Foundation, “ARCS”(UW & WSU)—President
- National ARCS—Board Member
- Washington State University Foundation—Chair
- WSU Presidential Scholarship Committee—Chair
- WSU President’s Associates Cabinet—Chair
- WSU Women in Leadership—Chair
- WSU College of Pharmacy Campaign—Co-Chair
- St. Thomas School Board of Trustees
- The Bush School Board of Trustees
- King County Director WSU Alumni Association
- Seattle CityClub Board
- United Way of King Country, Alexis de Tocqueville Society, VP
- King County Boys & Girls Club Kids Auction Board
- Greater Seattle Service League (Childhaven), Founding Member, President
- Seattle Art Museum Board, Development
- PONCHO, Center stage Productions Chair
- Seniors Making Art Board
Jacque has also been the recipient of the following awards:
- 2001 WSU College of Pharmacy Duff & Dorothy Kennedy “Making a Difference” Award
- 2005 WSU Foundation Outstanding Service Award
- 2006 WSU Weldon ”Hoot” B. Gibson Distinguished Volunteer Award
Jacque’s enthusiasm and commitment to each volunteer endeavor was inspired by her hard-working parents and the community legacy left by her in-laws in Cashmere, Washington. She stated that she was “grateful beyond measure” to her family, friends, and the JLS for recognizing and supporting the value of her community work.