The Junior League of Seattle is pleased to announce that Jacquelyne "Jacque" Doane has been selected as the 2016- 2017 recipient of its prestigious Dorothy Stimson Bullitt Community Service Award. This award recognizes one JLS member annually who has provided significant contributions to the Seattle community.
Jacque has devoted more than three decades to the non-profit sector and is acknowledged by many as an inspirational, effective leader and mentor. She is known for her infectious smile, integrity, thoughtful planning, dedication, and energy.
A member of the JLS since 1985, Jacque has served as Parenting Task Force Chair, Project Development Chair, Community Research & Development Director, Long Range Planning VP, and Community VP. She credits the broad-based community experience and volunteer training of the JLS for developing a solid foundation in effective non-profit management. Jacque's enthusiasm and commitment to each volunteer endeavor was inspired by her hard-working parents and the community legacy left by her in-laws in Cashmere, Washington. She stated that she was "grateful beyond measure" to her family, friends, and the JLS for recognizing and supporting the value of her community work.
Highlights of Jacque's volunteer career include:
- Achievement Rewards for College Scientists Foundation, “ARCS”(UW & WSU) - President
- National ARCS - Board Member
- Washington State University Foundation - Chair
- WSU Presidential Scholarship Committee - Chair
- WSU President’s Associates Cabinet - Chair
- WSU Women in Leadership - Chair
- WSU College of Pharmacy Campaign - Co-Chair
- St. Thomas School Board of Trustees
- The Bush School Board of Trustees
- King County Director WSU Alumni Association
- Seattle CityClub Board
- United Way of King Country, Alexis de Tocqueville Society, VP
- King County Boys & Girls Club Kids Auction Board
- Greater Seattle Service League (Childhaven), Founding Member, President
- Seattle Art Museum Board, Development
- PONCHO, Center stage Productions Chair
- Seniors Making Art Board
- 2001 WSU College of Pharmacy Duff & Dorothy Kennedy “Making a Difference” Award
- 2005 WSU Foundation Outstanding Service Award
- 2006 WSU Weldon ”Hoot” B. Gibson Distinguished Volunteer Award
Please join us in celebrating Jacque’s achievements at the Junior League of Seattle Second Annual Catalyst Luncheon.
The JLS created the Dorothy Stimson Bullitt Community Service Award in 1989 to recognize outstanding achievement in the area of community service. Each year, the award honors an Active or Sustaining Junior League member who has enriched the lives of her neighbors and community at large through extraordinary volunteer public service.
Dorothy Stimson Bullitt was a charter member of the Junior League of Seattle, civic leader, women’s advocate and the founder of the King Broadcasting Company. The Junior League of Seattle award is the only award she allowed to carry her name.