Marli Iverson is passionate about music and giving back to her community by volunteering on dozens of committees and boards starting with her college days at the University of Washington where she was a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma, Mu Phi Epsilon, Pi lambda Theta and Mortar Board.
She was president of the Junior League of Seattle in 1978 and founded the Past President’s Luncheon group. She also was instrumental in creating the first Junior League cookbook.
Other volunteer activities include:
- Seattle Opera Board, Vice President
- Seattle Opera Guild Board, Vice President
- United Way of King County, Board. Executive Committee
- United Way of Washington, Board and Board Trainer
- Seattle Foundation, Board
- United Cerebral Palsy, President and Co-founder Sunlighters Guild
- Lakeside School, Auction Committee, Senior Class Parent’s Representative
- YWCA, Nominating Committee
- Pacific Northwest Ballet, Nutcracker Ball Committee
- Red Cross, Capital Campaign Cabinet
- Ballard High School Foundation, Founding Board Member
- UW Class of 1959, Cherry Tree Project
- PONCHO Procurement Committee
In addition to working as a realtor at Madison House LTD, Sotheby’s International Realty, Marli performs as a pianist with two others. She has taught piano, is a soprano soloist, choir director and was chair of the Women’s University Club Music Committee.