Ginger Ackerley has contributed generously to the Puget Sound region at every stage of her philanthropic and volunteer career. Her focus is helping children at risk and enhancing educational opportunities for everyone.
As chair of Corporate Giving for The Ackerley Group, Ginger was responsible for directing hundreds of millions of dollars in financial and in-kind contributions to worthy causes. Highlights of her volunteer work include:
- Pacific Science Center, Chair and President; Director Emeritus
- Corporate Council for the Arts, Chair
- City Club, Founding member
- Washington Women’s Foundation, Founding member
- Seattle Foundation, Board of Trustees
- Virginia Mason Foundation, Board of Trustees
- The Seattle Crisis Clinic, Board of Trustees
- Lakeside school, Board of Trustees
- Forest Ridge School, Board of Trustees
- Zion Preparatory pre-school, Co-founder
- Junior Achievement, Chair
- Project Hangtime, Leader in contributions
With her husband, they created The Ginger & Barry Ackerley Foundation whose mission is to ensure that each child receives a great education.